Re: clamav: Request for package update

On 2016-03-17 12:10, Jonathan D Johnston wrote:
Usage of freshclam (1) reports that the recommended version of ClamAV is
0.99.1, but the most recent version in https://cygwin.com/packages/ is
0.98.7 .  Version 0.98.7 isn't functional with the current ClamAV
databases.  Can this package be updated?  Thanks!

ClamAV goes to great lengths to keep virus databases compatible with older versions of the software, and there has been no EOL announcement for 0.98.z (which isn't *that* old). Where do you see that 0.98.7 is not functional with the latest definitions?

As for an update, I am aware of the new version. Unfortunately, ClamAV has not been keeping up with LLVM and the bundled copy predates Win64/SEH support, so either we wait for someone to write a patch for LLVM 3.7 compatibility, or I build a llvm3.5 package just for this. Otherwise, I'd have to disable llvm (and hence JIT support) on at least x86_64.

--
Yaakov