Re: Change PS1 when run as administrator

On Mar 15, 2016, at 5:14 PM, Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm fairly certain
> that I have not had this machine that long

The mtimes on those files is as reliable as your system clock, because theyâre generated during first install.

Contrast that with files unpacked from tarballs which can be backdated to the date the package maintainer created the package; that isnât happening in this case.

I suspect the only reason your passwd file is newer than your group file is that you (or some tool) edited it after it was generated, presumably the same day /etc/group was generated.

Time gets away from us all.