Re: Change PS1 when run as administrator

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 7:03 PM, Warren Young <wyml@etr-usa.com> wrote:
> You can still re-generate them with the mkpasswd/mkgroup commands, but thatâs strongly discouraged.
>
> These files are not removed if present, even when upgrading pre-1.7.34 to 2.0+, so if you copied over a prior installâs /etc contents, theyâll still be there many setup.exe passes later.
>
> Perhaps the mtime on those files will give you a clue.

I've never tried to copy /etc/ anything from one install to another in
cygwin... had too many bad experiences in Linux trying that it is
burned into me to never do bulk copies of configs from old machines to
new machines.

passwd is dated 2015-10-29, group is dated 2014-12-05...

I'm going to have to check corporate purchase logs; I'm fairly certain
that I have not had this machine that long, and I know for certain the
machine was purchased new for me, so no one else had it before me... I
can't imagine Dell preloading cygwin for me, and corporate asset
management explicitly refused to do the load of any "non-standard" app
themselves.

-- Erik