Re: Freeze package

On 2/18/2016 10:13 AM, Byron Boulton wrote:
On 2/18/2016 10:09 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 18/02/2016 15:34, Byron Boulton wrote:
Is there a way to freeze a cygwin package to prevent upgrade?

Byron

only manually selecting skip for that specifically package.

Why ?

There is a very annoying small bug in the hamster package from
cygwin-ports. It's a very simple fix in the python code, but I was
thinking I would freeze the package to keep from overwriting it. I've
had bad luck with installing from source on my linux machines, so I
don't have high hopes for installing it from source on cygwin. I realize
it's a bad idea to manually edit files that are under the control of the
package manager. Freezing the package is just a workaround.

Byron