Re: Protobuf string serialization bug with statically linked protobuf 2.5.0

A brief correction.

I tried to identify further the problem by selectively linking
libraries. (-Wl,-Bstatic -lprotobuf.dll -Wl,-Bdynamic) and it turns
out the problem emerges the moment i statically link both protobuf
_and_ the c++ library. linking everything statically except for libc++
seems to work just fine.

i checked if protobuf loads cygc++-6 separately, which would easily
explain the problem, but it does not seem to. the problem clearly
seems to be interaction between these two.

linking libc++ dynamically resolves the problem, but that would also
mean shipping the software with artificial add-on... i suspect
recompilation still might resolve the issue...

--
"My definition of an expert in any field is a person who knows enough
about what's really going on to be scared" - P. J. Plauger