Re[2]: Issues with ACL settings after updating to the latest cygwin.dll

It was always the case.
Permissions are NOT REQUIRED to be ordered in a specific way, but Explorer is
only capable of editing them in the only one way.
Means, Explorer is deficient. Explorer. Not Windows. Windows is perfectly
capable of handling the Cygwin ACL in the intended way.
No, it really wasn't.

The ACLs were fine until the change in the new Cygwin version. Now there are 12 ACL entries, all non inherited / inheritance is broken, for each file...

Also, I always ways able to change ACLs through Explorer without warnings, which I need to do from time to time.

I'm sorry but all of this can be summed up as bad design.

I've explained what ACLs should be added by Cygwin in a related message. By making use of default, inherited ACLs, at most 3 (+1 for whatever NULL SID is doing ...) are needed. At least I see no reason why there should be such a bloat.

Besides, if cygwin set ACLs properly on the root folder this could be reduced to 0 additional non-inherited ACLs for many files.