Re: Problem with new acl code and cdrtools

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 6:14 AM, Warren Young <wyml@etr-usa.com> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2016, at 9:59 AM, Ismail Donmez <ismail@i10z.com> wrote:

>>> Pardon me for butting in, but isn't adding a Cygwin version check
>>> about as non-generic as it gets?
>>>
>>> Wouldn't something like this work:
>>>
>>> .../configure ac_cv_func_aclfromtext=no
>>
>> Thats a hack :)
>
> I donât know if that smiley means youâre joking or if youâre just trying to soften a negative judgement, but Peterâs proposal is as far from a hack as it gets.

What Peter suggests is telling autoconf to assume aclfromtext() does
not exist on the system which is a hack and I already have a hack I
could use.

> He is proposing that you write an autoconf test that determines if the platform has this new ACL behavior.  Then in your C code:
>
>    #include <config.h>
>    #if HAVE_FUNC_ACLFROMTEXT
>    #  include <cygwin/acl.h>
>    #endif

I could check for __cygwin__ instead of that which would do the same thing.

Anyhow the discussion diverged a lot, and for now I'll be using my
simple hack of disabling HAVE_SUN_ACL manually.

ismail