Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc

Thanks you all for the replies.

Achim writes:
> What goes still unanswered is if that's the only
> place Windows ever looks for those files.  I guess yes, but I can't find
> no positive confirmation.

Sorry not sure what you mean. Henri's link shows file system redirection does
not apply to %windir%\system32\drivers\etc, therefore there are no other places
to 'look for those files' - if 'other places' is meant to be places caused by
file system redirection.

Henri's link:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa384187%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Thanks.