Re: Problem with Cygwin 2.4.0-0.18 release

Hi Ismail,

On Jan 12 10:23, Ismail Donmez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> -0.17 was fine but this release breaks sshd, sshd.log says:
>
> 1 [main] sshd 2828 C:\cygwin64\usr\sbin\sshd.exe: *** fatal error - unable
> to load C:\Windows\system32\ws2_32.dll, Win32 error 1001

What OS?  32 bit, 32 bit under WOW64 or 64 bit?  How do you start sshd?

I'm asking because

a) What I did was to revert a piece of code to the same state as in 2.2.1.
   Does the "prev" version 2.2.1 work for you?

b) It works fine for me starting sshd as a service under 2.4.0-0.18 on
   64 bit Windows 10.  Logging in works fine as well, as admin user as well
   as normal user.

If push comes to shove I revert the reversion of the patch again, but
I do hope it turns out some local problem.  Error 1001 is weird, it
means "Recursion too deep; the stack overflowed.".  In an OS function?
Just because the path is given as full path?

Thanks,
Corinna

Sidenote: Here's an example where supporting XP hurts, btw.  The code
in question could be much simplified if we only had to support Vista
and later.

Red Hat