Segfault when running tests for SDL 1.2.15

I'm not sure where to direct this to but from my testing so far the segfault is only occurring when building the libraries with Cygwin. I've created a support script which will allow it to compile correctly under the latest Cygwin:

SDL:
https://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.15.tar.gz

Support Script:
http://pastebin.com/2dGFwzhH

Drop the script in the SDL-1.2.15 directory and run it; I named mine ./configure-cygwin for clarity. It will patch configure and configure.in and add some other minor changes to get it working.

Then:

make
make install

cd test
./configure
make

After the tests have been built you will find that testsprite.exe and testbitmap.exe seem to work but segfault when the mouse moves into the client area.

testgl.exe segfaults immediately.

I've build the same source using TDM-GCC with no issues.

What can be done to look into this kind of segfault?

My environment:
CYGWIN_NT-10.0-WOW 2.3.1(0.291/5/3) 2015-11-14 12:42 i686 Cygwin
Winows 10 x64, AMD FX-8370, GeForce 970

Thanks,

Matt D.