Re: Two web page issues

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Erik Soderquist
<Erik.Soderquist@dynatrace.com> wrote:

> https://cygwin.com/acronyms/
>
> I don't know how this is linked to; I have it bookmarked.

(Yeah, I did get there eventually, both times (possibly more).  It
didn't help that I spend a few good minutes reading around only to end
up learning that it's a silly acronym that could have been spared...)

> I've found it before, but I'm subscribed, so... specifically not
> listing the address is a common spam prevention method, and many lists
> will reject (silently or otherwise) email from non-subscribed
> addresses as a spam prevention method as well.

I thought that this could be a motivation too -- but first, at least the
"foo at cygwin dot com" could be used, and second, I checked other lists
there and some do list their address.  (And as someone who managed a
relatively popular bunch of mailing lists, I can definitely say that not
writing the mailing list's address on a web page is not going to make a
noticeable dent at the amount of spam it receives...)

--
                    ((x=>x(x))(x=>x(x)))                   Eli Barzilay: