Re: rxvt for cygwin64?

On 24/12/2015 09:12, qrasmfu8f4@snkmail.com wrote:
I've been using cygwin's rxvt (without X) for years, and prefer it to mintty both because I use rxvt on all my linux machines and because I've never liked putty.  Despite most (but not all) of my Windows machines running 64-but windows7, I've procrastinated on switching to cygwin64, but I recently had to replace my laptop with a new Windows 10 machine, and figured I might as well install cygwin64.  Everything went well until I discovered rxvt is not available in 64-bit.  I found this thread (https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-09/msg00016.html) from 9/2013 in the archives, but there doesn't seem to have been any resolution.

Is there any plan to port rxvt to cygwin64?

no plan.
rxvt is dead upstream, and rxvt without X is a hell and without
a maintainer by long time

mintty is a much better solution and with an active maintainer

If not, does anyone have any hints so I can try it myself (I have 35 years of system software development experience, but I never worked on any cygwin software)?

     thanks,
     Peter

Regards
Marco