Re: cygwin update hang on autorebase

On 12/18/2015 4:40 PM, Xie, Wei wrote:
I tried to update my cygwin in win7 64 bit DELL optiplex 7020 desktop
but the process hang after downloading the update. I manually kill each
bash.exe process and it can move to the next step but will continue
hang. I also tried to have a complete fresh installation, the process
hang at autorebase. After killing the dash.exe, the process hang at post
install stage.

Are you sure autorebase was hanging? Maybe you just didn't wait long enough for it to finish. It can take a long time, especially if you installed a lot of packages. You might first try to do a base install, with no extra packages chosen.

Ken