Re: How to correctly rebase?

Warren Young writes:
> How about something like
>
>     find /usr -name ${extensions} | grep -vP '(?<!octave)mex' | ditto-for-oct
>
> The syntax isnât vetted, but basically Iâm saying that GNU grepâs
> Perl-compatible regex mode supports negative lookbehind, which seems
> like it should do what you want here.

I can't use that with -regex in find, I'll have to stick to egrep
compatible syntax.  But lookbehind isn't really necessary in this case,
so it seems that this might work, albeit certainly slower than before.
I'll have to check which prefixes can possibly have these files in order
to let the regex engine bail out as early as possible without
backtracking too much.

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff: