Re: fork issue when lauching cygwin64 process from 32bit native app on Windows 10 TH2

On Dec  1 19:27, nu774 wrote:
> After upgrading to Windows 10 TH2 (ver 1511, build 10586), any attempt
> to launch a cygwin64 process from 32bit native app (for example,
> C:\windows\syswow64\cmd.exe) *always* results in a fork error.
>
> To be precise, I can execute 64bit bash.exe from 32bit cmd.exe.
> However, this bash process never succeeds in forking a child (ls or
> something).
> Also, I cannot launch 64bit mintty.exe from 32bit cmd.exe. It always
> fails in a error dialog saying that:
>
> mintty: could not detach from caller
> Try '--help' for more information.
>
> When launching from 64bit app, this issue doesn't happen.

I don't have a W10 ver 1511 yet, but even then it's hard to see that
this may be Cygwin's fault.  It worked so far with all versions of
Windows since XP 64, including the pre-1511 W10.

There must be a bug in the new CMD somewhere.  But, anyway, I'll look
into it when I finally managed to update my W10 test machine.

Corinna

Red Hat