Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.4.0-0.4

>> I'm using Microsoft account. Here is requested information
>
> I can't reproduce this.  I'm using a local test account which is connected
> to a Microsoft account.  The permissions of the parent folder are identical
> to yours:
>
>> $ pwd
>> /home/Kacper
>> $ icacls .
>> . DOMEK\Kacper:(F)
>>   Wszyscy:(RX)
>>   TWORCA-WLASCICIEL:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
>>   GRUPA TWORCOW:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>>   Wszyscy:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>
>   $ icacls .
>   . VMBERT8164\local_000:(F)
>     Everyone:(RX)
>     CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
>     CREATOR GROUP:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>     Everyone:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>
>> $ mkdir test
>> $ icacls test
>> test NULL SID:(DENY)(Rc,S)
>>      DOMEK\Kacper:(F)
>>      DOMEK\Kacper:(RX)
>>      Wszyscy:(RX)
>>      NULL SID:(OI)(CI)(IO)(DENY)(Rc,S)
>>      TWORCA-WLASCICIEL:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
>>      DOMEK\Kacper:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>
>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ See below
>
>>      GRUPA TWORCOW:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>>      Wszyscy:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>
>   $ mkdir test
>   $ icacls test
>   test NULL SID:(DENY)(Rc,S)
>        VMBERT8164\local_000:(F)
>        VMBERT8164\local_000:(RX)
>        Everyone:(RX)
>        NULL SID:(OI)(CI)(IO)(DENY)(Rc,S)
>        CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
>        CREATOR GROUP:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>        Everyone:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>
> Note that in my case the inheritable explicit permissions for the
> owner account (^^^^^) are not generated, which is already puzzeling
> just by itself.
>
> But the test/test icacls output explains why chmod fails:
>
>> $ mkdir test/test
>> $ icacls test/test
>> test/test NULL SID:(OI)(CI)(DENY)(Rc,S)
>>           DOMEK\Kacper:(F)
>>           TWORCA-WLASCICIEL:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
>>           DOMEK\Kacper:(OI)(CI)(RX)
>>           DOMEK\Kacper:(RX)
>>           GRUPA TWORCOW:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>>           Wszyscy:(OI)(CI)(RX)
>
> This is how the ACL looks like after creating the directory, but before
> Cygwin performs ACL post-processing.  The only possible reason for this
> is that already the mkdir call failed to fix the ACL.  But it's not clear
> why this happens.  Your account has "F"ull permissions, so it also has
> WRITE_DAC permissions.
>
>> Tell me if you need any more info.
>
> Yes.  First of all, please send cygcheck -svr output as requested on
> http://cygwin.com/problems.html.

Attached.

> Next, when you wrote "With this version ...", does that mean this
> is a regression from 2.4.0-0.2 to 2.4.0-0.4, or did you compare with
> 2.3.1-1?  I'm asking because I'd like to know in which version the
> regression occured.

I compared to 2.3.1-1.

> Is "DOMEK" the name of your local machine or an AD domain?

It is my local machine name.

> What filesystem is that on?  Local or remote share?  Real NTFS or some
> other filesystem?  I'm asking because on some remote filesystems even
> the owner of a file may have no WRITE_DAC permissions, despite having
> supposedly "full" permissions.

It is real NTFS.

> Can you please rmdir test/test and then run mkdir under strace:
>
>   $ strace -o mkdir.trace mkdir test/test
>
> and attach the trace file to your reply?  Please use ther latest
> 2.4.0-0.5, just to be sure.

Attached.

> Please also attach the output of `id' and of `getfacl . test test/test'.

getfacl attached. `id` output is already in cygcheck.log

In getfacl output this line `default:group:1001 <unknown>:r-x` looks
suspicious. My user id seems to be in place of group id. Looking at
`test` permissions there should probably be indeed `user` instead of
`group`. But you will know better :)

Hopefully you will be able to diagnose the issue now.

-Kacper