Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.4.0-0.4

On Nov 27 20:15, Kacper Michajlow wrote:
> >> Hi Kacper,

> >> I need to see the ACLs of the parent dir of test, the ACL of test and
> >> the ACL of test/test via the icacls command, before calling chmod.
>
> I'm using Microsoft account. Here is requested information

I can't reproduce this.  I'm using a local test account which is connected
to a Microsoft account.  The permissions of the parent folder are identical
to yours:

> $ pwd
> /home/Kacper
> $ icacls .
> . DOMEK\Kacper:(F)
>   Wszyscy:(RX)
>   TWORCA-WLASCICIEL:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
>   GRUPA TWORCOW:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>   Wszyscy:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)

  $ icacls .
  . VMBERT8164\local_000:(F)
    Everyone:(RX)
    CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
    CREATOR GROUP:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
    Everyone:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)

> $ mkdir test
> $ icacls test
> test NULL SID:(DENY)(Rc,S)
>      DOMEK\Kacper:(F)
>      DOMEK\Kacper:(RX)
>      Wszyscy:(RX)
>      NULL SID:(OI)(CI)(IO)(DENY)(Rc,S)
>      TWORCA-WLASCICIEL:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
>      DOMEK\Kacper:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)

       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ See below

>      GRUPA TWORCOW:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>      Wszyscy:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)

  $ mkdir test
  $ icacls test
  test NULL SID:(DENY)(Rc,S)
       VMBERT8164\local_000:(F)
       VMBERT8164\local_000:(RX)
       Everyone:(RX)
       NULL SID:(OI)(CI)(IO)(DENY)(Rc,S)
       CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
       CREATOR GROUP:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
       Everyone:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)

Note that in my case the inheritable explicit permissions for the
owner account (^^^^^) are not generated, which is already puzzeling
just by itself.

But the test/test icacls output explains why chmod fails:

> $ mkdir test/test
> $ icacls test/test
> test/test NULL SID:(OI)(CI)(DENY)(Rc,S)
>           DOMEK\Kacper:(F)
>           TWORCA-WLASCICIEL:(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
>           DOMEK\Kacper:(OI)(CI)(RX)
>           DOMEK\Kacper:(RX)
>           GRUPA TWORCOW:(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
>           Wszyscy:(OI)(CI)(RX)

This is how the ACL looks like after creating the directory, but before
Cygwin performs ACL post-processing.  The only possible reason for this
is that already the mkdir call failed to fix the ACL.  But it's not clear
why this happens.  Your account has "F"ull permissions, so it also has
WRITE_DAC permissions.

> Tell me if you need any more info.

Yes.  First of all, please send cygcheck -svr output as requested on
http://cygwin.com/problems.html.

Next, when you wrote "With this version ...", does that mean this
is a regression from 2.4.0-0.2 to 2.4.0-0.4, or did you compare with
2.3.1-1?  I'm asking because I'd like to know in which version the
regression occured.

Is "DOMEK" the name of your local machine or an AD domain?

What filesystem is that on?  Local or remote share?  Real NTFS or some
other filesystem?  I'm asking because on some remote filesystems even
the owner of a file may have no WRITE_DAC permissions, despite having
supposedly "full" permissions.

Can you please rmdir test/test and then run mkdir under strace:

  $ strace -o mkdir.trace mkdir test/test

and attach the trace file to your reply?  Please use ther latest
2.4.0-0.5, just to be sure.

Please also attach the output of `id' and of `getfacl . test test/test'.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat