Re: startx doesn't seem to work

On 22/11/2015 04:18, Peter Van Epp wrote:
	On my Win7 machine with a newly installed cygwin-64 installed via
setup-x86_64.exe with everything default except xinit and xorg-server
selected running startx from a terminal window opens a full screen window
and then dies. A search of startx fails in the mail archives didn't turn up
any thing much. Can someone suggest what I'm doing wrong please?

This is what appears in the cygwin terminal window when it dies.

Peter Van Epp

$ startx
xauth:  file /home/Owner/.Xauthority does not exist
xauth:  file /home/Owner/.Xauthority does not exist

try startxwin