Re: fnmatch() doesn't work with character classes?

On Nov 18 05:52, Dustin Boyd wrote:
> fnmatch() does not appear to work with character classes or character
> equivalents. regcomp(), however, does work with character classes, but
> not character equivalents. Is this behavior one should expect? I've
> tested with Debian, and it matches in both cases.

The behaviour is expected.  Debian uses glibc, Cygwin doesn't.

> I sent this to the Cygwin ML rather than the Newlib ML just because of
> the fact that it may be locale-related, which is a problem on Cygwin's
> end, not Newlib's, if it's a problem at all.

That's right in this case because Cygwin has its own fnmatch and regcomp.
Both are taken from FreeBSD.  So the support for character classes and
character equivalents match what FreeBSD supports.

Corinna

Red Hat