Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gmp-6.1.0-1

Hallo!

Today I noticed that some of my Perl DBI scripts (connecting to MSSQL)
had been failing since Nov 10th (causing perl core dumps).  Thinking
it was just a needed re-compile, I recompiled DBD::Sybase, which
compiled fine, but core dumped during testing.  I then tried to
recompile the DBI module and that was causing gcc to core dump!

I went through my list of installs from that day and eventually found
that this update was causing the problem.  I backed it from 6.1.0-1 to
6.0.0a-2 and now everything is working just fine again for me
(DBD::Sybase and compiling DBI).

Nothing else seems to be affected by this - just my database access (I
don't use another database on this host).  I have another host running
cygwin that is very close to this host (Windows 7 x64, Cygwin 2.3.1)
and it does *NOT* have the same issue.  Both are running SQL Server
2014 Developer (x64).

I'd be happy to help debug this issue, but I'm not sure where to
start.  Any suggestions?

--
Nem W Schlecht
 "Perl did the magic.  I just waved the wand."