Re: Cygwin DLL V2.3.0 on XP 64-bit professional not working at all

On Nov 12 11:53, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi Georg,
>
> On Nov 12 02:27, Georg Rehfeld wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > since yesterday I had a working Cygwin 32 running (since years) on my
> > XP 64 prof box. When I tried to update tonight I got errors in post
> > install (see below) and afterwards I could not start any cygwin
> > program, not even bash or grep (tried from a cmd prompt), without any
> > error message. After trying to reinstall from different mirrors,
> > rebooting several times I finally uninstalled cygwin completely as of
> > the FAQ (except for my cygwin/home/*) and installed a fresh base.
> > Without success.
> >
> > *** 32bit, Setup version 2.873:
> >
> > Postinstall script errors (same as with my previous update attempt:
> > -----
> > Package: 0/Perpetual
> > 	0p_000_autorebase.dash exit code -1073741819
> > Package: _/base-cygwin
>
> Thanks for the report.  I could reproduce the problem on 64 bit XP and
> 64 bit Server 2003 and applied a patch.  I will upload a fixed 2.3.1
> probably this weekend.

I just uploaded a developer snapshot to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
Maybe you'd like to give it a try.  Installing only the cygwin1.dll from
http://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86/cygwin1-20151112.dll.xz is sufficent
(but keep a backup of your current cygwin1.dll, just in case).

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat