Re: Cygwin DLL V2.3.0 on XP 64-bit professional not working at all

Hi Georg,

On Nov 12 02:27, Georg Rehfeld wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> since yesterday I had a working Cygwin 32 running (since years) on my
> XP 64 prof box. When I tried to update tonight I got errors in post
> install (see below) and afterwards I could not start any cygwin
> program, not even bash or grep (tried from a cmd prompt), without any
> error message. After trying to reinstall from different mirrors,
> rebooting several times I finally uninstalled cygwin completely as of
> the FAQ (except for my cygwin/home/*) and installed a fresh base.
> Without success.
>
> *** 32bit, Setup version 2.873:
>
> Postinstall script errors (same as with my previous update attempt:
> -----
> Package: 0/Perpetual
> 	0p_000_autorebase.dash exit code -1073741819
> Package: _/base-cygwin

Thanks for the report.  I could reproduce the problem on 64 bit XP and
64 bit Server 2003 and applied a patch.  I will upload a fixed 2.3.1
probably this weekend.

> I deleted the 32bit version as of FAQ and tried a base install of 64bit.
>
> *** 64bit, Setup version 2.873:
>
> The setup ran smooth, I can start bash. But e.g a 'ls' gives me errors
> and a bash.exe.stackdump (attached). The errors are:

Ok, *this* I can't reproduce.  2.3.0 64 bit works fine for me on both,
64 bit XP and 64 bit Server 2003.

> Any help is welcome, because I want to be able to update Cygwin in the
> future.

Well, Cygwin is going to drop XP and Server 2003 support end of this
year.  But all versions released in 2015 are still supposed to run on
XP and 2003.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat