Re: fstat st_size on open files on Parallels filesystem is wrong

On Nov  4 01:35, Jonathan Lennox wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 3 2015, "Corinna Vinschen" wrote to "cygwin@cygwin.com" saying:
>
> > Btw., there's more than one problem here.  The fact that all drives
> > have the same volume name *and* a serial number of 0 leads to all
> > drives being identified as the same drive.  I have to add some code
> > creating a reproducible serial number from scratch if the original
> > serial number is 0, but for testing, I didn't implement this yet.
>
> I've confirmed that this is the case for all the prlsf drives I have (drives
> U:-Z:).
>
> > Talking about testing.  I created a test DLL which provides a lot
> > of output when stracing the calls.  I'll send you a private mail
> > with the URL to this DLL in a minute.  Please install it, and under
> > that DLL, run
> >
> >   $ strace -o stat.trace ./stat-size-test.exe /cygdrive/y/foo
> >
> > I'll need to have a look into that strace to (hopefully) see what's
> > going wrong.
>
> Attached.

Thanks, but...  are you sure you created this with the test DLL I sent
you the URL for?  The attached strace looks like stock Cygwin.  It
doesn't contain any of the additional strace output the DLL is supposed
to generate and some of it is in a code path you can't avoid when
calling functions on files.

I'll upload a new DLL to the URL I mentioned in PM in a minute, just to
be sure I didn't screw this up myself.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat