Re: loading VT100 Font in stand alone program

On 10/22/2015 12:20 PM, reinhard.neder@fau.de wrote:
I do have the links in /etc/X11/fontpath.d
xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20 -> /usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi
and they work fine within cygwin.

I tried to create corresponding links within windows by
mklink "xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20" ..\..\..\usr\share\X11\fonts\75dpi
but I the a message the the file name syntax is illeagal.
A quick search told me that a colon is a really forbidden file name component in
WINDOWS and the mask with " " did not help.

Right. But Cygwin does allow colons in file names, in such a way that Windows doesn't see them as colons. See

  https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html#pathnames-specialchars

So why are there colon in the name of the symbolic link, which program reads these links

The X server reads them.  See the fontpath.d section of the Xserver man page:

  http://x.cygwin.com/docs/man1/Xserver.1.html#lbAN

and is there a way for me to change my system to use a different link name ?

I don't know.

Ken