Re: Bad Address with /cygdrive paths

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> I could reproduce this and applied a patch which allows to proceed.
>
> However.
>
> The problem was that the SID S-1-0 has a subauthority count of 0, which
> is really weird.  S-1-0-0 would be the NULL SID, but while S-1-0 is a
> valid SID (the so-called NULL SID authority), it's no valid account and
> as such can't be converted to a valid account.
>
> And the user SID isn't much better.  S-1-81 is no well known SID
> authority at all.  It's handled by Cygwin without much problems,
> but of course that SID can't be converted to an account either.
>
> Do you have any explanation where these broken SIDs are coming from?

First a disclaimer: I am not a Windows expert.  I only use it when
forced to (and then under strenuous protest).

These servers were handed to me by the operations team, and cfengine
was probably used to configure them and install cygwin.  I'll forward
this to them and see if they can identify an issue with their process.

Thanks,
Barry