Re: Cygwin/X installation: Unable to extract /etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Jon Turney  wrote:

> But there is no need to guess about this, it's documented in the fontpath.d
> section of the Xserver man page [1]
>
> [1] http://x.cygwin.com/docs/man1/Xserver.1.html#lbAN

I still have questions.

Good old setup_x86 fortuitously gave me the chance to see an error
message involving one of these symlinks. I reviewed the setup log and
read that apparently such a symlink was created as follows:
io_stream:mklink
(cygfile:///etc/X11/fontpath.d/xorg-x11-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20 ->
cygfile:///usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi)
But there is no /etc/X11/fontpath.d directory on the system.

The man page doesn't say in explicit procedural terms what the end
user has to do to make fontpath.d exist and it doesn't seem to get
created by setup. There are three occurances of fontpath.d on that
page and none of them say where you should put it.

Could we change it to be more tutorial, something like:
If you wanted to modify the priority of the bitmap fonts for example,
you could go to /etc/X11 and create fontpath.d and then here are some
ln commands:
ln -s /usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi xorg-x11-75dpi:unscaled:pri=20