Re: After cygwin update, all files are created with +x flag

On 10/3/2015 6:07 AM, Michal Wysocki wrote:
Hi

While installing some packages I've accidentally updated my whole cygwin
from 1.7.29 to 2.1.1.

 From what I've found, around 1.7.34/35 there was some big change in ACL
handling.

Now, all my files and directories created in old cygwin (kernel build tree,
cygwin /etc folder etc.) have totally messed up permissions. Essentially
all files have 0774.

Also all new files created by touch, scripts, compilers etc., end up with
executable flag set:

$ touch test
$ getfacl -a test
# file: test
# owner: Misiek
# group: None
user::rw-
group::r--
group:Uzytkownicy uwierzytelnieni:rwx // Authenticated users
group:SYSTEM:rwx
group:Administratorzy:rwx // Admins
group:Uzytkownicy:r-x // Users
mask:rwx
other:r--
$ ls -l test
-rwxrwxr--+ 1 Misiek None 0 10-03 11:33 test

Of course everything still works, but is it new expected behavior? I'm not
sure if I really understand windows ACL, but this change in how cygwin
handles them is really disruptive...

Is there a tool / way to convert permissions on all my work folders/files,
so they are interpreted by new cygwin the same way as old one did?

setfacl -b

See https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.ssh-pubkey-stops-working .

Ken