Re: Issues encountered with new Cygwin version

On 9/25/2015 2:01 PM, Walter L. wrote:
On 9/25/2015 12:04 PM, Ken Brown wrote:

> I think you misunderstood what Marco was saying.  If the problem is
> caused by the default ACL on the directory, you could fix that ACL.

To elaborate on this, observe the following:

Hi Ken, thanks for the clarification. I understood what Marco meant and
your
examples. I was just saying that the new (correct?) behavior of inheriting
the ACL from the parent folder for newly created file has the side
effect of
causing Git to behave differently from before.

I suppose the point you're making (based on your example) is that I should
just remove the ACL from the parent folder if I don't want new files in the
folder to inherit the executable bit. If that's the case then I guess I'll
need to do that anytime I clone a new project.

Why not just run 'setfacl -b' once and for all on whatever directory you do your work in? Is it under your home directory? Do you have default ACL entries on your home directory that are then inherited by every subdirectory you create?

Ken