setting up private mirror

Hello,

I'm currently searching the mailing list archive as well as google but
I thought I would ask out right aw well.. I'm looking to implement a
private Cygwin mirror. The process seem fairly straight forward
setting up an apache instance and rsycing twice a day. However our
NetSec folks have asked is there is any way I can sync the local repo
via an authenticated or encrypted method. I guess to rule out a man in
the middle scenario. If anyone has done anything similar I would
appreciate the feedback.

-Chris