Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big

Thanks Larry.

> I think you're misunderstanding where the limitation is coming from.

I don't think I'm misunderstanding anything - I was actually thinking
along the same lines that you just wrote.

I feel that with increasing monitors sizes == increasing window sizes,
it might happen more often, as not all people use mintty. I can change
from ConEmu to mintty, but IMHO that's like saying I can use the
stairs instead of an elevator in Burj Khalifa. I don't and cannot
expect anything from Cygwin team, which is providing something I like
and use every day. If there are more important problems that mine
never comes to the top, then that's what it is.

I still hope someone will be able to check. It looks to me this might
be one of those "640k will be enough" problems, with some buffer with
fixed size that nobody anticipated will not be "big enough". Or it
might be something completely different. Even if it's just me that's
affected, I understandably would like that to stop happening. If it
does, I'd be so much happier. If it doesn't, tough luck. I've been
dealing with several dozen restarts each day for at least a year when
I first reported the problem, but I still like it and use it.

Saying "it's ms bug", "it's a design choice", "it's a bug, but we
don't have time / resources to fix it", "it happens so rarely, we
don't care", "it's going to be fixed in 2030", etc. is fine with me.
It might mean that I should not expect this to work any time soon or
ever, but it would be a honest answer and, if coming from someone on
the team itself, hopefully correct. Instead, a few different people
replied to me on this thread with "you misunderstanding, ignorant
quack".