Re: Fwd: Problem executing m4 (127 error, but it is installed)

On 08/26/2015 10:11 AM, Kizito Porta Balanyà wrote:
>> Probably a missing dll.  What does:
>>
>> cygcheck m4
>>
>> state?  I'm guessing you may be missing libsigsegv2, which would show up
>> as 'cygcheck: track_down: could not find cygsigsegv-2.dll'?  If so,
>> rerun setup.exe to install it (however, the m4 dependencies should
>> automatically be pulling it in).
>
> cygcheck returns no error (no missing cygsigsegv-2.dll):

Bummer, then something else is wrong.

> $ cygcheck m4
> Found: C:\Windows\KSR\bin\m4.exe
> Found: C:\Windows\KSR\bin\m4.exe
> C:\Windows\KSR\bin\m4.exe
>   C:\Windows\KSR\bin\cygwin1.dll
>   C:\Windows\KSR\bin\cygsigsegv-2.dll

Looks like the executable is fine, then. Maybe it's a virus scanner
interfering, even though you said you've exempted things?  Also, are you
sure you are getting the correct m4?  What does:

$ type m4

say?  What about trying to execute it by absolute path:

$ /bin/m4 --version
$ /cygdrive/c/Windows/KSR/bin/m4 --version

Could it be a collision between a non-executable file named 'm4' vs. the
normal 'm4.exe' that is confusing cygwin .exe magic?  Are you sure that
nothing is messing with PATH and picking up a bogus m4 earlier in the
lookup process?