Re: setup-x86_64.exe Unable to get setup.ini on all mirrors

On 8/24/2015 1:01 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Dennis Putnam writes:
>>> Just to test if you can access it at all but that was expectable.
>> OK. I have no networking problems with anything other than cygwin which
>> is why I was asking for someone to explain how it interfaces with the OS
>> network. This all started with the Lavasoft malware and I believe that
>> is the key to resolving this. Perhaps I'll go to one of the virus help
>> sites and see what they can find.
> Basically you can start setup.exe with direct connection (the default),
> IE proxy settings or by telling it the proxy host and port.  If you have
> no connection either way, then it's hard to see why only setup.exe
> wouldn't connect unless you have more malware on the computer, or it's
> blocked by the firewall or some similar software.
That is what I do. However, I discovered something else that may or may
not shed some light but I don't understand it. Again keeping in mind
that my browser has no trouble finding URLs, I tried 'nslookup' from a
command prompt and it can find nothing. The error is no response from
server. This happens with all the name servers I tried. It makes no
sense the the browser can find IPs but 'nslookup' cannot.

>>> You could open the taskmanager as admin and kill one obscure process
>>> after another and try setup again.
>> When I get a chance to reboot, I'll try it in safe mode with networking.
> You didn't reboot after removing the malware via autoruns?  Then it
> might still be active for already running processes.
I did reboot after removing the malware but I can't reboot at the moment.