Re: setup-x86_64.exe Unable to get setup.ini on all mirrors

On 8/23/2015 7:34 PM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> Am 23.08.2015, 19:42 Uhr, schrieb Dennis Putnam:
>
>> Hi Helmut,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. I can download that file but now that I have it,
>> how do I get setup to use it? However, I don't think that would work
>
> Just to test if you can access it at all but that was expectable.
OK. I have no networking problems with anything other than cygwin which
is why I was asking for someone to explain how it interfaces with the OS
network. This all started with the Lavasoft malware and I believe that
is the key to resolving this. Perhaps I'll go to one of the virus help
sites and see what they can find.

>> either since the problem seems to be that cygwin cannot communicate with
>> the network.
>
> You could copy the setup exe to a different name and run that in case
> setup is blocked somehow.
> First donwload it again.
No joy.

> Disable the firewall.
No joy

> You could open the taskmanager as admin and kill one obscure process
> after another and try setup again.
When I get a chance to reboot, I'll try it in safe mode with networking.

> Finally re-install windows ;-)
Not an option. :-(