Re: X Windows disappearing/unmapping (Win10 + 3rd party virtual desktops)

This XWin works perfectly for me now with Dexpot.

I renamed my 'mywechsel.ini' file, restarted Dexpot, and then launched
the XWin (64bit) that you linked to here and my X11 windows are *not*
disappearing on desktop changes. :)

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Jon TURNEY <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:
> On 18/08/2015 07:11, Greywolf wrote:
>>
>> I have a workaround and I apologise for blaming it on cygwin.  I think
>> it's how the unmapping is handled by the desktop manager.
>

> Thanks for reporting this issue.
>
> It seems that a change in 1.17.2-1 had the unintended side-effect of
> breaking working with VirtuaWin and Dexpot (windows which were hidden when
> switching to another virtual desktop become lost)
>
> While this can probably be worked-around in the virtual desktop software
> configuration, I'd like to try to fix it.
>
> I've built a snapshot with a potential fix.  Perhaps you could try that and
> see if it improves things for you?
>
> ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwinx/x86/XWin.20150820-git-fb4e99d8ae5a25c8.exe.bz2
> ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwinx/x86_64/XWin.20150820-git-fb4e99d8ae5a25c8.exe.bz2
>

>> On 15.08.17 02:07, Greywolf wrote:
>>>
>>> ENVIRONMENT:
>>>      OS:    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
>>>      Cygwin:
>>>          setup 2.871
>>>          X11 1.17.2 (x86_64-unknown-cygwin);
>>>              package version    1.17.2-1 built 2015-07-09
>>>          xterm 318-1
>>>      OTHER:
>>>          3rd party virtual desktop managers - have tried with
>>>          - dexpot 1.6
>>>          - virtuawin 4.3
>>>
>>> WHAT HAPPENS:
>>>
>>> 1.  I start mintty, which starts bash.
>>> 2.  I start an X server; DISPLAY=:0
>>> 3.  I start an xterm on the local host, to $DISPLAY.
>>> 4.  I switch to another desktop on the desktop manager.

--
Nem W Schlecht