Re: Shares with strange ACL settings

On Aug 17 13:12, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>
> > No worries and thank you.  I just don't quite understand the stuff
> > returned by 8000001e and what I see above.
>
> Different architectures, so these are not expected to match.

Sure, I wasn't expecting that.  I referred to the cpuid output you
provided and the matching info from your OP starting this subthread.

> >  Do I understand this
> > correctly that a single CPU has 2 NUMA nodes?  Does that mean a single
> > HW socket consists of two independent 6 core CPUs?
>
> In the case above, yes.  MagnyCours is two Istanbul dies in one package.
>
> > Well, anyway, I just got remote access to a 2 socket systems with
> > Opteron 6386SE CPUs. It's installing rhel7 right now so I might get
> > another clue from there.
>
> Yes, that should help.  That's again two dies per package, each with 8
> processors paired inside 4 modules.  Each of the two die should be more or
> less identical to the 6328, save for clock frequency.

Indeed, looking into the output provided by the 6328SE and some 12 core
MagnyCours CPU I forgot the number of, was helpful.  I *think* I fixed
the cpuinfo now for new AMDs which provide 0x800001e topology info.

Please give the latest snapshot from https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
a try.

Thanks,
Corinna