Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 2.2.0-1

I totally agree that setting HOME to a relative-path is probably a Bad
Idea, and can/should be undefined behavior. As for absolute paths (and
whether they should be POSIX, Windows, or either), that's a little
less cut and dry for me.

I currently use a ton of scripts of the general form:

--------
Cygwin.bat:
   @echo off

   @pushd %~dp0
   @set TOP=%CD%
   @popd

   set PATH=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32;C:\Windows

   @set HOME=%TOP%\home\%username%
   @chdir %TOP%\installation\bin

   @start mintty.exe -e %TOP%\installation\bin\bash.exe --login -i
   exit
--------

for using Cygwin in a user-level installation to my local directory.
It's not a big deal to go through these and update them if Cygwin
loses its ability to interpret Windows-style HOME paths, but there are
probably a lot of users out there who aren't on the mailing list and
wouldn't know that this change was happening until their installations
broke.

So I'm in camp 'leave it as-is', maybe with the exception of
disallowing relative paths. :)

-Nick