Re: Cygwin date displays only GMT on Win7

On Jul  7 19:39, Siv wrote:
> I tried running existing setup.exe v2.831 (32 bit) to update cygwin1.dll but
> setup is saying that the ini file is from a newer version of setup-x86.exe
> and then NL errors. Can't proceed.
>
> Running latest setup.exe v2.871 (32 bit) needing total install which I don't
> want to do now...

Then you're in trouble.  To update Cygwin and the other tools, you
*must* use the latest setup.   This includes the Cygwin test version
I talked about in my other mail.  The packages setup installes are
simply new dependencies of newer versions of already installed
packages, and a small set of packages which are now part of the "Base"
category.

> ...as it might break the compilers, make et al.

Why should it?  You get the latest compilers and make versions.
What's wrong with that?

Corinna

Red Hat