Re: Telnet / SSH connection timeout on LAN

Greetings, Spinfusion!

> My goal:
> To set up rsync over SSH, to sync my org-mode GTD files, activated every
> time my laptop or pc goes idle, as described by Gina Trapani.

> Network hardware architecture:
> Windows 7 laptop and desktop, connected directly by cat 5e ethernet cable.
> Also both connected via wifi to the same router.

What are assigned IP addresses on both links?
Your further hints indicate that you have name resolution conflict due to
overlapping network address space.
Disconnect from WiFi on both hosts and try only cable.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...