Re: accessing networked drives

Kunz, Christopher L writes:
> I am unable to access network drives from an xterm started using
> startxwin ("C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash -l -c
> /usr/bin/startxwin").  However, if I run cygwin.bat (and start an
> xterm from there) the network drives seem to work fine.  What am I
> missing?

That happens for certain settings of the UAC (via a group policy most
likely) where effectively the sharing of the network connections of
newly generated tokens with the token generated on session login is
switched off.  You'd have to convince your administrators to not use
that setting or re-connect all drives using the new user token.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: