Re: 1.17.1-4 xorg-server documentation update

On 23/05/2015 22:14, Matthew Horwood wrote:
I have been trying to connect to a raspberry PI over XDMCP, but have
been having issues getting it to work.

After looking at both the cygwin/X and raspberry PI sites, I did a
search for 'lightdm connecting to xserver windows' and found a post that
suggested using VcXsrv. As it uses an option of -from that seems to
work, so I have tried it with cygwin/X and also got connected.

It would seem your User's Guide needs to be updated, it needs to include
the -from option when making XDMCP connections.

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/26000/how-to-cygwin-xwin-query-an-ubuntu-11-10-xserver

Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out. I have added a mention of that option to the XDMCP section of the UG.

But it should not be the case that the option is always required. It should only be needed when the host has multiple network interfaces and the right one isn't selected, for whatever reason.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer