Re: mintty project

Personally I feel that a platform like sourceforge provides a more professional project environment which would provide more confidence in stable project development.
What do you think?

Sourceforge is awful. It's incredibly unreliable, on a project I contribute
to where we deal with dozens of commits and pull requests every day, we've
had to put in workarounds and caching servers into our continuous
integration system specifically for Sourceforge-hosted dependencies because
it goes down so often.

Open-source mindshare is entirely on GitHub today. Even Microsoft is aware
of this and adapting to the times. Opening up mintty's development so it's
literally a click of a button to suggest a patch is a good thing, especially
since it looks like that GitHub fork was done well, including migrating all
the open issues over. We should put in some unit tests too, and set up a
hosted continuous integration service like AppVeyor to build and run the
tests on every commit and suggested pull request.

-Tony