RE: Problem linking with an import library (.lib) file:

Jon Y wrote:

> Try using gendef to generate a def file from the DLL and use dlltool to
> generate an import library from the new def file.

Unfortunately the dll is stripped, so this does not work:

$ nm plxapi631.dll
nm: plxapi631.dll: no symbols

I know that this specific .lib file has worked in the past to link with Cygwin.  Unfortunately it is quite difficult to "roll back" with Cygwin to figure out in which version it last worked.

Thanks,
Mark