Re: Deleting files with open handles on subst'd drives

On 04/23/2015 08:36 AM, Nick Hansen wrote:
> David,
>
> I want to be unsubscribed from the mailing list and thread.  I will not click the link below because I do not know if it is a virus.  Please remove immediately.

It is not a virus.  If it makes you feel better, manually type the web
site address directly into your browser instead of clicking on the link
in this email.

> Are you trying to unsubscribe from a thread, or from the whole mailing list? Please read:

Really - YOU are the one that is supposed to be unsubscribing yourself.
 That web site has all the directions on how to do so, and it is
intentionally in the signature appended to every email sent through this
list.  Or, if you view the raw source of the email (often by 'ctrl-u',
depending on what mail client you are reading this in), you will see a
header line starting with List-Unsubscribe: that also has the direct
email address (different from the main list address) that will
unsubscribe you without visiting any web site (by the way, all GOOD
mailing lists have a List-Unsubscribe header; if you get a mail without
such a header, then you can be sure it was a spammer).   Meanwhile,
spamming hundreds of other readers about your inability to follow
directions is not helping your cause.