Re: File Permissions - Yet Another Question / Clarification

Greetings, Bryan Berns!

> I'll try to reproduce the issue on a standard NTFS volume -- although
> I would image Cygwin is just decoding the same DACL that ICACLS is
> returning.  The other oddity is why it's not recognizing *me* as
> having any permissions.

getfacl may shed additional light.

> In the particular case of SSH, is there any way to make SSH ignore
> these permissions?

Thanks, I laughed.

> I understand the importance / value of the check
> it's doing, but in our situation, it's not necessary...

You never know when it is necessary. Security is a tough mistress.

> and obviously
> causing us pain given the permission weirdness.  Removing the
> administrative groups would be undesirable for us since they assist in
> our administrative team doing home directory moves across sites.

Administrators can access anything they want regardless of permissions, if
they really need to do it.
This is not a valid argument.

And leaving the context out of the reply doesn't help the discussion at all.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...