Re: Can I move Cygwin and Cygwin64 to a drive other than C: ?

On Apr  1 03:26, Robert Miles wrote:
The C: drive on one of my 64-bit Windows 7 computers is approaching
90% full, but there are two other drives that are nearly empty.

Can I move the entire Cygwin and Cygwin64 directory trees to one
of the nearly empty drives, without losing the extra packages I've
already downloaded and the files I've created?

Robocopy allows to copy an entire Cygwin tree while keeping all
permissions intact.  I had good luck with something along the
lines of

   robocopy C:\cygwin64 D:\cygwin64 /e /purge /z /copyall /sl

YMMV,
Corinna

I tried that on C:\cygwin; it gave an error message without copying
anything.  I suspect that was because this directory tree included
links to the top-level directories of all of the Windows drives,
including the one holding the Windows 7 operating system.

I found a way to see the robocopy instructions; it looks like I'll
need to read them thoroughly in order to tell it to copy the links
but not what they point to.