Rebase, Peflags, and cygserver

I keep having problems with vforks.  Sometime everything is fine for days,
then I start emacs, and get vfork errors.

So I rebaseall, and peflagsall.  Emacs works great.  Oops, forgot to restart
cygserver.  Restart, bam, vfork errors.  Or, no vfork error.

It all seems so inconsistent and random.  Is there some methodology I am
missing to ensure no vforks?

What I'm doing (with some success)is this:

1. get latest cygwin update
2. del /etc/rebase*
3. rebaseall -v
4. peflagsall -v
5. don't restart cygserver (This means my bash shell window starts a little
slower, but I can live with that.)

I usually have to do this 2 to 3 times before I can get emacs to start without
vfork errors.

Any ideas how I can improve on this? I would like to have cygserver running.

Also, I often run Cygwin Setup (to get something I've missed, like wget..., or
check for updates) while emacs is running.  Should I shut it down first?

Dave in Hudson, FL