Re: xterm does not launch from a local shell after upgrade...

On 3/24/2015 6:03 PM, gary.barnes@datasoft.com wrote:
I had not upgraded in sometime the last setup.exe I had downloaded was
12/18/2014 then most recently 3/18/2015.

After completing the install/upgrades I attempt to restart xwin via
startxwin command. Now I get an instance appearing on my task bar and in
the typical iconized item in the task list, I also now have an active
application showing in the upper left hand corner of my display. When I
attempt to launch xterm, or any other xapplication,  from the Cygwin
command line it responds âxterm: Xt error: Can't open display:â or
associated applications name. If I attempt to launch xterm from a
Windows desktop shortcut âC:\cygwin\bin\run.exe -p /usr/X11R6/bin
xterm -display 127.0.0.1:0.0 -ls +ah -aw -rightbar -sb -sl 1000
/bin/bashâ a window flashes on the screen and disappears. I have

change in:
run -p /usr/bin xterm -display :0.0 -ls +ah -aw -rightbar -sb -sl 1000 /bin/bash

Currently the Xserver is not using anymore TCP connection
so 127.0.0.1 is causing the "Can't open display"
see "-nolisten tcp' deafult on:

https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2015-02/msg00014.html

/usr/X11R6/bin
  is not used by long time