Re: Notmuch mail indexer - talloc requirement?

On Thu, 2015-03-19 at 21:03 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar 19 10:53, joefromct@fastmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Looks like a simple path problem in Makefile.  It just can't find
> > > the lib when linking.
> >
> > Ok, thanks for the hint.  Any idea on how i should go about correcting
> > this?  I have no idea where -ltalloc should be... but i'm assuming i can
> > link it with ld before the make?
>
> IIUC you're *building* talloc, so I assume the link lib is
> part of the build directory.  I can't tell you why it doesn't
> find the lib, though.  Something you have to hunt down.

Because this package uses waf, which is one of the very worst build
systems out there, and even worse is that IIRC samba products use a
*forked* waf.  You'll have to patch it in order for it to find the
in-tree libtalloc.  (Exactly how depends on which version of waf they're
using nowadays.)

--
Yaakov