Re: Cygwin svn vs. TortoiseSVN?

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 2:45 PM, David Stacey <drstacey@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a PC with both Cygwin and TortoiseSVN. When I try to commit through
> Cygwin svn, I get the following:
... [rest omitted] ...

The TortoiseSVN FAQ file, answering the question of whether one can
use different SVN clients on the same working copy, says this is not
recommended.
The FAQ mentions Cygwin in particular:

    You must also be sure that all the clients are built for the same
OS. Client compatibility
    is only guaranteed for a particular OS type and metadata
representations may differ.
    You must not use a native Windows client and the Cygwin client on
the same working copy.
    ( from http://tortoisesvn.net/faq.html#multiclients )