Re: rsync still broken

> It sounds like the group you are in on cygwin doesn't exist or you are not
> in it on your target machine.
>
> what group are you in on the windows machine?
> if you type 'id', the 2nd number should be your primary gid.
>
> uid=1234(Bliss\law) gid=123(lawgroup) groups=123(lawgroup)...

The first gid of the user running the rsyncd service is 512, but...

> Then the question is, does your groupname
> exist on the server you are transferring it to?  (or if you are using
> '--numeric-ids, is your
> group# (gid) the same on the server you are transferring files to?

... I use --numeric-ids and I have these two lines in the rsyncd.conf
uid = 0
gid = 0

If I understand it correctly now rsync sends all files with uid=0 and
gid=0. And obviously those uid and gid exist on the Linux machine.

> If not, are you using the --usermap and/or
> --groupmap options to map your Windows ID's to
> your server's ID's?

No, I don't use that.

> Maybe you have already verified this, but usually
> when I get errors in a transfer, it's because the UID's
> or user/groupnames on my windows machine don't always match
> what is on my server -- they mostly do, but I do see
> errors occasionally in it trying to set things.

I thought uid=0 and gid=0 would solve that.

> You can also try the --fake-super option -- that
> might fake the id's enough for it to work...

There is a "fake super = yes" in the rsyncd.conf and the --fake-super
option is added on the Linux server.

But the thing that surpises me is that in 3.0.9 is just worked.

Regards,
Frank